Qwikon Code of Conduct
December 15, 2011
Qwikon believes that strong consumer privacy and choice standards are essential to the success of mobile marketing by protecting mobile users from unwanted communications on their mobile devices. It is only through industry adoption of strong privacy guidelines that the power of mobile marketing can reach its full potential. This is why we have developed our code of conduct based upon guidelines created by the Mobil Marketing Association. With this in mind, Qwikon operates according to the following Code of Conduct, and requires the same of its customers and business partners.
- Notice - We will provide notice is an easily understandable and quickly discoverable description of the terms and conditions of a marketing program. Notice should include information sufficient to permit a user to make an informed decision about his or her choices on how that information is used for that marketing program.
- Choice, Consent & Control - Qwikon is an Opt-in only program. Consumers may opt-in to a program by sending an SMS, calling and using a voice driven prompts system, on-line via a website, or through any other legitimate method where the customer specifically knowingly choose to opt-in. Consumers must also be allowed to terminate their participation in an ongoing mobile marketing program (or “Opt-out”) through channels identical to those through which they can Opt-in to a given program.
- Customization - As mobile marketing campaigns are most effective and efficient when appropriately targeted. Consumers may have the option to provide demographic, offer preference, frequency, and message quantity and other information in order to optimize the messages they receive.
- Constraint - The Qwikon system has built in delivery constraints which manage message delivery based upon individual consumer preferences. Additionally, Qwikon provides a global “throttling mechanism” capable of managing the number of messages received by an individual consumer. The purpose this is to effectively manage and limit mobile marketing programs to a reasonable number of programs, defaulted to 3 per day. Consumers have the option to override the throttle via the options provided on their user profile page.
- Security - Qwikon implements reasonable technical, administrative and physical procedures to protect user information collected in connection with mobile marketing programs from unauthorized use, alteration, disclosure, distribution, or access.
- Enforcement & Accountability - Qwikon will not tolerate any abuse of our code of conduct, or Acceptable Use Policy. If you feel that a user of Qwikon is not abiding by our code of conduct, please contact usimmediately so that we may investigate and take appropriate action.
Adapted from the Mobile Marketing Association Global Code of Conduct.