December 15, 2011
Please note that this document may change from time to time, to clarify wording or to reflect new features from Qwikon. However, the following principles will not change:
- Your trust is the most precious thing we have, and we will never betray you.
- We want you to be in control of your own information.
- Your private information remains absolutely confidential.
- We will be very transparent and explain clearly what we do with your information.
- We will never spam you, and never allow others to spam you.
What information does the Application obtain and how is it used?
Qwikon collects and uses different types of data based upon your relationship. We basically have two groups;
- Merchants, who sign up to use our service to process and post text based messages to their customers,
- Consumers also called subscribers or members, who sign up to be part of a merchants messaging program, or with Qwikon to find and join merchant messaging programs that are of interest to them.
Merchant provided information typically includes:
- User Provided Information such as; contact name, business name, address, phone, e-mail, mobile phone number, business type, password,
- Transaction related information such as credit card information for use of the application, transaction data related to the use of the application
- Automatically Collected Information - In addition, the Application may collect certain information automatically, such the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Application.
Consumer provided information may include;
- At time of sign up or registration, only your mobile phone number is collected. Qwikon only displays a portion of the number to the merchant.
- User Provided Information, you are given the option to add data to your record to improve and optimize the level of service to meet your individual needs. This information may include the frequency of messages desired, the types of messages desired, birth date, gender, e-mail, zip code, interests, social media accounts such as Facebook, etc.
- Transactional related information such as the use of the application in responding to offers, or messages
- Automatically collected information, additional information may be collected such as the type of your device, unique device ID, your IP address, operating system, the type of browser you use, and information about when and how you use the application
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Application?
Your information may be shared with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights,
- protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere
to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
- if Qwikon, Inc. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
What are my opt-out rights?
There are multiple opt-out options for users of this Application:
- Merchant -You may Opt-out of all information collection by cancelling your service.
- Consumer - You may opt-out of specific merchant programs by texting STOP to the merchants unique number. You may also Opt-out of all merchant and Qwikon programs on your profile page on our website.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain User Provided data for as long as you use the Application and for a reasonable time thereafter. We will retain Automatically Collected information for up to 12 months and thereafter may store it in aggregate. If you’d like us to delete User Provided Data that you have provided via the Application, please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Application to function properly.
ChildrenWe do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. Qwikon is hosted on servers at Amazon Web Services, who employ in-depth security measures — they even keep the location of the data-centers secret. We limit access to information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personally identifiable information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is, however, 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Qwikon operates "AS-IS" and "AS-AVAILABLE," without liability of any kind. Qwikon is not responsible for events beyond our direct control.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at email@example.com, or any of options available on our contact page.